Howl-O-Ween Dog Costume Contest and Parade
Sunday, October 25, 2020
12 pm – 2 pm
Check-in 12 pm – 12:45 pm; Dog Costume Parade at 1 pm, Prizes awarded after Parade
Location: The Coffee House, Edison NJ (Clara Barton section)
Registration required (1 dog per person)
Pre-registration link (or register onsite day of event):
Dress your precious pup in his or her best costume for this fun Howl-O-Ween Dog Costume Contest and Parade at The Coffee House in Edison!
Costume Contest Categories (prizes will be awarded):
▪ Most Creative
▪ Best Dog/Owner Look-Alike
Event will take place outdoors, rain or shine, on Sunday, October 25, 2020, from 12 pm to 2 pm. at The Coffee House, 931 Amboy Ave, Edison NJ 08837. Contest entry limited to 1 dog per person.
Entries must check-in with Event Officials between 12 pm and 12:45 pm. Dog Costume Parade will begin at 1 pm.
Winners will be announced as soon as the parade is complete.
Entrants will be judged on costume design, creativity, humor, originality, behavior and charisma.
Entries cannot win in more than one category.
The judges’ decisions are final.
This is a public event; names of winners may be published; photos and videos may be taken of participants and pets and used in promotional and marketing materials and/or posted online on social media, websites and other sites on the Internet and/or published/broadcast by the news media.
Special COVID-19 information:
All participants and observers will be requested to wear a mask or face covering and to practice social distancing at all times. We request participants to stay home if they are sick, have been exposed to the virus in the last 14 days, are showing COVID-19 symptoms, or have recently travelled to an area or a state with high COVID-19 infection rates.
Registration is required. Register here: https://forms.gle/KDdEYVE9mkzmTFZX7
Only dogs allowed in this contest; limit 1 dog per person. Please do not bring other types of animals.
Dogs must be at least 6 months old.
Costumes must be safe and comfortable.
Dogs must wear I.D. tags at all times.
Dogs must be on a leash (max 6 ft. lock retractable leashes at 6 ft.)
Dogs must be under your control at all times.
Owners/Handlers are responsible for the actions of their pet.
Dogs must be clean, in good health, and up-to-date on all shots, including rabies vaccinations.
No dogs in heat.
Event officials reserve the right to refuse entry or excuse aggressive dogs from the event area.
Dogs must be sociable with other pets, adults and children.
Dogs must be well adjusted to crowds & noisy environments.
Be prepared to clean up after your pet.
Most importantly, have fun!
Questions? Call/text 908-866-6576 or email EvaAbreuRealtor@gmail.com
ACTIVITY RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for participating in the activity known as the “Howl-o-ween Dog Costume Contest & Parade,” organized by The Coffee House, 931 Amboy Ave, Edison NJ 08837 and Eva Abreu
REALTOR® Associate, KP Edgestone Realty, on Sunday, October 25, 2020, I agree for myself, my family members and any other participants in my group to the following:
1. I (we) agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any instructions or direction given by representatives of event.
2. I (we) recognize there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity. I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself, my family members and participants in my group, my dog(s) or pets, and my personal property.
I (we) further agree to release and discharge The Coffee House and Eva Abreu REALTOR® Associate for any injury, loss or damage arising out of the use of, or presence upon, the facilities of The Coffee House, whether caused by my fault, my family’s fault, the participants in my group’s fault, my pet’s fault, or the fault of third parties.
3. I (we) agree to indemnify and defend The Coffee House and Eva Abreu REALTOR® Associate against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney’s fees and other litigation costs, which may arise in any way from my or my family’s or participants in my group, or my pet’s use of, or presence upon, the facilities of The Coffee House.
4. I (we) agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of The Coffee House caused by my or my family’s or participants in my group, or my pet’s negligent, reckless, or willful actions.
5. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above activity shall be resolved under local and State of New Jersey General Laws.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
E-SIGNATURE (First and Last Name):